Orthopedic Injury Clinic
To reduce your wait time and protect your health during COVID-19, please call (314) 514-1642 to schedule your same-day injury clinic visit.
We're here for your urgent orthopedic needs. An urgent need means if treatment is delayed, the problem may become worse. If you have a non-urgent orthopedic need, please call (314) 514-3500 to schedule a routine office visit.
When to Visit the Orthopedic Injury Clinic
Avoid the emergency room and visit one of two Orthopedic Injury Clinic locations for bone or muscle injuries like sprains, strain or fractures. You’ll receive immediate care by orthopedic specialists, and we offer on-site X-ray, splinting and casting services.
We treat adults and kids, age 5 and older. Visit the Orthopedic Injury clinic for injuries like:
- Bone, joint or muscle injury that occurred within the past few days
- Ankle, foots or knee sprains
- Fractures/broken bones
- Minor dislocations
- Sports injury
- Swollen joint
- Injury to shoulder, elbow, hand, wrist
- Back injury or pain
Why choose the Orthopedic Injury Clinic
- Save time. A typical visit to the Orthopedic Injury Clinic will be much quicker than a visit to the emergency room or urgent care center. If casting, splinting or imaging is required, we can take care of it during your appointment.
- See a specialist. You will be seen by an orthopedic specialist at a state-of-the-art orthopedic facility. If follow up care is required, we will schedule it before you leave the clinic.
- Save money. The co-pay at the Orthopedic Injury Clinic is the same as a specialty physician office visit. This is a less expensive option than a trip to the emergency room.
Locations and Hours
Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Orthopedic Center
14532 S. Outer Forty Drive
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Free surface lot parking
Hours: Monday-Friday: Noon-6:00 pm; Saturday: 8:00am-Noon
Center for Advanced Medicine - South County
5201 Midamerica Plaza, Suite 1500
St. Louis, MO 63129
Free surface lot parking
Hours: Monday-Friday: Noon-6pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I go to the Orthopedic Injury Clinic if I think I have a concussion?
We are unable to evaluate patients with concussions at the Orthopedic Injury Clinic. If you have an urgent head injury or concussion, visit an ER or urgent care center.
Are language and interpreter services offered at the Orthopedic Injury Clinic?
We offer medical interpreters and communication assistance for all phases of your care. Call (314) 514-1642 before your visit so we can ensure that medical interpretative services are available at the time of your visit.
How much will it cost to visit the Injury Clinic?
Co-pay is the same as a specialty physician office visit. While Washington University participates with most medical plans, please call the number on the back of your insurance card to verify your coverage. Click here to see a listing of accepted insurance plans.
What can I do to prepare for my visit?
To reduce your wait, please fill out the adult or pediatric patient form and bring it with you to your visit.
Want to know more? Take a virtual tour of the Injury Clinic in this video.
The Orthopedic Injury Clinic is not an emergency care provider or a substitute for emergency care. If there is any indication that you've suffered a serious or life-threatening injury, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.