How to Apply
The Washington University /St Louis Children’s Hospital / Shriners Hospital Pediatric and Adolescent Orthopaedic Fellowship Program is POSNA accredited and participates in the specialty match through the SF Match Program.
Interested applicants should apply through the SF Match website. Registration opens in August and closes in October.
Interviews are held in person and scheduled between the months of December and February. Two interview dates will be offered. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted well in advance. We recommend attendance at one of these two dates.
Applicants selected to interview who cannot travel to St. Louis for the full experience on scheduled interview days will be offered alternative opportunities. These include:
- Interviewing with select faculty at the IPOS and AAOS Annual Meetings.
- Arranging a separate individual meeting in St. Louis with select faculty on an alternate date.
Please speak with Raquel Wicks, Fellowship Coordinator, for additional details.
Foreign Medical Graduates
- Must be eligible to work within the United States and enter the United States on a clinical visa other than a J-1 or other “training” visa. Entrance on an H-1 B visa is allowable.
- Must be able to obtain permanent medical licensure within the State of Missouri prior to the start date of your fellowship. Permanent licensure is a requirement as our fellows are credentialed as clinical instructors. Permanent Missouri licensure requirements are:
- Must be Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certified.
- Must have passed all three steps of United States Medical Licensing Exams (USMLE).
- Must have completed three years of U.S. training in the same specialty (Orthopaedic Surgery) in an accredited program.
Need More Information?
Pediatric Fellowship Program Coordinator
»Explore St. Louis