For information regarding the 2016 J. Albert Key Orthopaedic Alumni Society Meeting, click here.
J. Albert Key, an esteemed orthopaedic surgeon who served as chairman of the department from 1930 to 1955, believed in the essence of didactic learning and mentoring. He began the department’s orthopaedic surgery residency training program in 1945 and served on the national level as president of the American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) in 1946.
In 2009, the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Washington University formalized its outreach efforts to alumni by creating the J. Albert Key Washington University Orthopaedic Society. The goal of the Society is to foster a sense of family among the residents and fellows who have completed the training programs.
With former residents and fellows spread out across the country, the department is continually seeking new avenues to remain connected with alumni. Phone and e-mail communications are ongoing. The faculty host get-togethers across the country and at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) annual meetings.
To make an online donation to the J. Albert Key Orthopaedic Alumni Society Resident Education Fund, visit http://patientsandfriends.wustl.edu and follow these steps:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Make an Online Gift”
- In the first drop down box, select “School of Medicine".
- In the second drop down box, scroll down to the bottom and select “Other-Medicine” from the drop down menu.
- In the "*Other" box, type in “Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Education Fund”.
- In the box located to the right of the "School of Medicine" field, enter the amount of your donation.
- Fill out the remainder of the page, then click "Continue". Enter your credit card information on the second page, then click the "Submit My Gift" button.
Confirmation of your donation will be sent by US Mail. Donations of $1,000 or more qualify the donor for Washington University Eliot Society membership.
If you prefer to make a donation by check, please make check payable to “J. Albert Key Orthopedic Society” (EIN 26-3633141) and mail to:
J. Albert Key Orthopedic Society
c/o Sheryl Wunderlich
660 S. Euclid, Campus Box 8233
St. Louis, MO 63110
Thank you for your donation!