Living Well Center® 10-Week Health Improvement Program
Ready to transform your life today? Join our 10-Week Health Improvement Program to implement positive lifestyle medicine changes into your daily routine. In our program, you'll set goals, learn how to shop and cook for plant-based eating, discover tips to manage stress to improve your well-being, and much more. This program is part of our shared medical appointment series and is in a group format, which is helpful for goal setting and accountability. All sessions include a brief mindfulness moment and more group discussion, in addition to educational and interactive content. To get the most out of this class, we recommend attending all sessions if possible. Class is available in-person or virtually.
- Orientation and goal setting
- Stress reduction: Mindfulness
- Nutrition I: Plant-predominant nutrition intro, label reading, grocery shopping (with cooking demonstration)
- Restful and restorative sleep habits
- Nutrition II: Meal prep and decreasing ultra-processed foods (with cooking demonstration)
- The science of chronic pain and strategies for management
- Stress reduction: Mind-body techniques
- Movement for better health
- Nutrition III: snacks, desserts and mindful eating (with cooking demonstration)
- Gratitude, positive psychology, and emotional well-being
How do I sign up?
- Have your initial assessment at the Living Well Center prior to your first shared medical appointment.
- Call us at (314) 514-3565 to schedule for all sessions. Please call in advance if you are unable to attend, as spots are limited. View our events calendar here for upcoming sessions.
Is it covered by insurance?
Each visit is billed to insurance as a return office visit (subject to copay, coinsurance, and/or deductible). For patients with commercial insurance, patient copay, coinsurance, and deductible may be waived for select shared medical appointment visits.