Living Well Center Weight Loss Program
If you need to lose weight in order to improve your health, the Washington University Living Well Center® can help.
This dietitian-led weight loss program is expertly designed to help you drop excess weight using the latest evidenced-based approach that focuses on how to expand your healthy food intake and what foods to limit and why. The program includes the support and resources you need to meet your goal. By using a whole-food, plant-based lifestyle, you will reduce your weight and the risk of chronic diseases (such as diabetes and hypertension) associated with excess weight and obesity.
Participants receive guidance from a dietitian who specializes in plant-based diet and healthy lifestyles, as well as social support from peers in a group setting. The education you receive will go beyond just food and will include comprehensive lifestyle medicine – a recipe for long-term success.
We give you tools to meet your weight loss goals (our methods are proven to result in greater weight loss) and maintain your success long-term. Five biweekly group sessions are delivered virtually, increasing safe access to patients everywhere.
Now enrolling for June 3. Join us to start your weight loss journey today!
The cost for program participation is $375. Classes are held virtually every other week from 5pm-6:30pm on Thursday evenings. Some insurance plans may pay for the class; please check with your insurance carrier for details on your coverage.
Benefits of Living Well Center Weight Loss Program
- Low-cost compared to other programs.
- Focused on lifestyle changes that facilitate long-term success.
- Complements procedure-based weight loss programs and can be completed concurrently.
- A whole-food plant-based diet (WFBP) is the most endorsed diet by medical associations.
- While other weight loss programs may result in dramatic weight loss via medication and food restrictions, which can be helpful in the short term, research shows many people regain weight when food restrictions are released. Our approach incorporates research that shows evidence of measurably-increased health that is long-term and associated with a longer lifespan.
Living Well Weight Loss Class Agendas
Lecture: Root cause of the obesity epidemic: What is driving it and how to combat it; Why other popular diets aren’t healthy.
Cooking demo: Stocking the pantry/refrigerator; Oil-free cooking (oil-free salad dressing, veggie sauté).
Lecture: Gut health and connection to weight and overall health; Importance of fiber and fermented food.
Cooking demo: Miso soup, tempeh and broccoli stir fry.
Lecture: Calorie density; Weight loss boosters (front loading calories, negative calorie preloading, ACV, time restricted eating).
Cooking demo: Fun summer salads.
Lecture: The pleasure trap (Andy Howard); disarming triggers.
Cooking demo: Batch cooking; Quick meals (spruced up steel cut oats, faux tuna salad and a Buddha bowl).
Lecture: Tying it all together; How to talk with other healthcare providers about WFPB eating; How to navigate social situations, travel, and dining out.
Cooking demo: Whole-food plant-based sweets.
Transform your life. Join our program today!