January 07, 2022
This Fiesta Black Beans and Rice recipe is the perfect use of a few cabinet staples. Whether you're looking for a nutritious Taco Tuesday side or a fiesta flare to Meatless Monday, this dish has you covered!
Print or save this recipe
Fiesta Black Beans and Rice
- 1 can low sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup low sodium canned corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salsa to taste
- In a large saucepan combine all ingredients except rice, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed and fluff with a fork.
- Top with salsa if desired.
The Washington University Living Well Center provides resources and support for healthier living. Find more nutrient-rich recipes and connect with us to learn more about upcoming health programs.