April 16, 2021
Overnight oats are an easy way to enjoy a nutritious and hearty plant-based breakfast. Overnight oats can be prepped in advance, making it a perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy weekday mornings!
Print or save this recipe
- 1/2 cup oats (steel cut or rolled oats)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, dairy free milk of choice (almond, oat, soy, etc.)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana (optional)
- Variety of toppings: fruit, cinnamon, nuts, nut butter, dates, maple syrup
- In a 16 ounce mason jar or container of choice, mash the banana (if using) until
- almost smooth.
- Add the rest of the overnight oat ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Put the lid on the mason jar or cover the container and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add toppings of choice.
Whether you're getting healthy for an upcoming surgery or training for a 5K, the Washington University Living Well Center® can help you meet your health goals through a variety of services, including nutritional counseling. See how the Living Well Center team can help you transform your health and well-being by making positive changes to your lifestyle.
See all of our plant-based recipes here!