August 31, 2021
These quick and healthy breakfast toast recipes are perfect for busy mornings and hungry families!
Print or save this recipe
- 1 piece of whole grain toast
- 1/2 avocado
- Variety of toppings: sliced tomatoes, microgreens, sprouts, arugula or spinach, red pepper flakes or Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend; sliced radishes, hempseeds, pumpkin seeds, Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning Blend; or chickpeas, sliced onion, microgreens or sprouts, red pepper flakes (optional), pinch of salt and pepper
- Toast bread.
- Scoop out avocado flesh and spread on toast.
- Add toppings of choice.
Nut Butter Toast
- 1 piece of whole grain toast or English muffin
- Nut butter of choice: peanut, almond, cashew, sunflower, etc.
- Fruit toppings of choice: berries, bananas, pear, pomegranate, etc.
- Toast bread or English muffin.
- When it's done toasting and still hot, spread nut butter on it so it melts.
- Add fruit toppings.
Whether you're getting healthy for an upcoming surgery or training for a 5K, the Washington University Living Well Center® can help you meet your health goals through a variety of services, including nutritional counseling. See how the Living Well Center team can help you transform your health and well-being by making positive changes to your lifestyle.
See all of our plant-based recipes here!