Young Athlete Center
The orthopedic and sports medicine team at the Washington University and St. Louis Children’s Young Athlete Center is dedicated to caring for pediatric and adolescent athletes with sports-related injuries, and is fully committed to return patients to their sport or activity as quickly and as safely as possible. The Young Athlete Center offers:
- Same-day appointments
- Comprehensive evaluations by Washington University orthopedic and sports medicine physicians
- On-site radiology, imaging, casting and splinting services
- Nonsurgical management of sports-related injuries
- Minimally invasive, surgical treatment of sports-related injuries, with same-day discharge
- Pediatric specialty care of fractures
- Sports-related concussion assessments
- Orthopedics, sports medicine, physical therapy, adolescent medicine, pain management, sports psychology, rheumatology, cardiology, nutrition and other specialties
Young Athlete Center Blog
Follow our Young Athlete Center blog for injury prevention tips, patient education materials, articles on common sports injuries and more.
Click here for Young Athlete Center upcoming events and additional resources.
Click here for a complete list of our Young Athlete Center physicians.
Jeffrey Nepple, MD
Assistant Professor, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Director, Young Athlete Center
Mark Halstead, MD
Associate Professor, Orthopedic Surgery and Pediatrics
Director, Sports Concussion Program
Medical Director, Young Athlete Center
The Young Athlete Center is conveniently located at the new St. Louis Children's Specialty Care Center in west St. Louis County, with additional services at St. Louis Children's Hospital in the Central West End.
St. Louis Children's Specialty Care Center
13001 North Outer Forty
Town and Country, MO 63017
Map | Directions
St. Louis Children's Hospital
One Children's Place, Suite 1B
St. Louis, MO 63110
Map & Directions