As one of the top-ranked US News & World Report orthopedic providers in the nation, Washington University Orthopedics is committed to providing quality orthopedic care to Workers’ Compensation patients while effectively controlling costs and time away from the job.
Workers’ Compensation injuries are treated by a team of fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic specialists. Click here for a complete listing of our Workers' Compensation physicians.
Schedule an appointment: 314-747-2539
Direct fax line: 314-286-2017
Dedicated Workers' Compensation Coordinators
Our Workers’ Compensation coordinators understand the importance of getting an injured worker to the right specialist in a timely and efficient manner. To achieve this, our coordinators and clinical teams work closely together to assure rapid access. Our coordinators provide timely customer service and communication, and strive to answer calls live and return communication on the same business day whenever possible. Providing excellent care to both the patient and the adjuster or case manager is our goal.
With early and accurate diagnosis, proven effective treatment and working closely with Workers’ Compensation Adjusters and Case Managers, our goal is to return employees back to work and to their busy lives as quickly and safely as possible.
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary orthopedic care for the injured worker
- Immediate assessment and treatment of traumatic injuries
- Timely appointments for non-acute injuries
- On-site electrodiagnostic and imaging services
- Up-to-date communication on the employee’s status/progress within 24 hours of an appointment
Day of the Appointment
Please be sure to have the employee bring any medical records and any radiology studies from other physicians’ offices regarding their Workers’ Compensation injury.
After the Appointment
Up-to-date information on the employee’s progress will be given within 24 hours of an appointment.
• A Workers’ Compensation status form will be completed by one of our physicians during the injured worker’s visit and sent to the case manager and adjuster
• Clinic notes are dictated and transcribed on a “stat” basis and faxed to the adjuster and case manager within 24 hours of the appointment
Continuing Care Services
• Treatment plans focusing on the injured worker attaining Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)
• Independent Medical Examinations (IME)
» Download Workers' Compensation PDF