Do you need a copy of your medical records?
1. Download a copy of our medical release forms:
2. Complete the form in its entirety, sign and date.
3. Send the form to Health Information Release Services via
Email (patients only): firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (844) 868-1435
Mail: Health Information Release Services
660 S. Euclid Ave.
Campus Box 1219
St. Louis, MO 63110
Please note: Requests are generally processed within 30 days. Records to be sent to a Washington University physician should be addressed to the individual physician's office.
- There is no charge for records sent directly to another physician.
- For personal copies, there is a charge of $0.35 per minute of the time it takes to process your records plus postage, for mailing the copies to you.
- If you would like a copy of your record provided on portable media, such as a CD or USB drive, we may charge you the actual cost of the portable media.
- Copies sent to other recipients (i.e. attorneys, insurance companies): subject to fees as provided by state law.
Hospital Medical Records
If you need hospital records from Barnes-Jewish Hospital or St. Louis Children’s Hospital, you will need to request them directly from the hospital.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Health Information Management Department
314-454-5934 (Option 1)
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital Medical Records
Click here to visit the Washington University Information Security webpage