- Patient Care
- Find a Physician
- Physician Directory
- Yousef Abu-Amer, PhD
Yousef Abu-Amer, PhD
1. Zhang Y-H, Heulsmann A, Tondravi M, Mukherjee A, and Abu-Amer Y. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulates RANKL-induced osteoclast recruitment via coupling TNF receptor-1 and RANK signaling pathways. J. Biol. Chem. 276(1):563-6568, 2001.
2. Abu-Amer Y. Interleukin-4 abrogates osteoclastogenesis by mechanisms involving STAT6 inhibition of NF-kB transactivation. J. Clin. Invest. 107(11):1375-1385, 2001.
3. Clohisy JC, Teitelbaum SL, CHen S, Erdmann J and Abu-Amer Y. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha mediates polymethylmethacrylate particle-induced NF-kB activation in osteoclast precursor cells. J. Orthop. Res. 20:174-181,2002.
4. Clohisy JC, Frazier E, Hirayam T, and Abu-Amer Y. RANKL is an essential cytokine mediator of polymethylmethacrylate particle-induced osteoclastogenesis. J. Orthop. Res. 21(2):202-212, 2003.
5. Abu-Amer Y. Mechanisms of inflammatory mediators in bone loss diseases. In: Rosier RN, Evans CH (eds): Molecular Biology in Orthopaedics, Rosemont IL, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, ppg. 229-239, 2003.
6. Abbas S, Clohisy JC, Abu-Amer Y. Mitogen-activated protein kinases mediate PMMA-induction of osteoclasts. J. Orthop. Res. 21:1041-1048, 2003.
7. Clohisy JC, Hirayama T, Frazier E, Han S, Abu-Amer Y. NF-kB signaling blockade abolishes implant particle-induced osteoclastogenesis. J. Orthop. Res. 22(1):13-20, 2004.
8. Clohisy JC, Biondo C, Roy B, Willis D,Teitelbaum SL, Abu-Amer Y. Direct inhibition of NF-kB blocks bone erosion associated with inflammatory arthritis. J. Immunol. 171:5547-5553, 2003.
9. Abu-Amer Y, Abbas S, Hirayama T. TNF receptor type-1 regulatres RANK ligand expression by stromal cells and modulates osteoclastogenesis. J. Cell. Biochem., in press, 2004.
10. Dai S, Hirayama T, Abbas S, and Abu-Amer Y. The IKK inhibitor, NEMO-binding domain peptide blocks osteoclastogenesis and bone erosion in inflammatory arthritis. J. Biol. Chem. 272:37219-37222, 2004.