The Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship Program within the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery participates in the Specialty Match through the NRMP.
Who Should Apply
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residents
- Plastic Surgery Residents
- General Surgery Residents are discouraged from applying to this specialty fellowship program.
If you are interested in applying for our fellowship, please submit the following information:
Hand Fellowship Universal Application with a Personal Statement (small, recent photograph attached)
Medical School Transcript (photocopy of original acceptable)
Dean’s Letter from your medical school (photocopy acceptable)
3-4 letters of recommendation from surgeons who are familiar with your work. Recommendation letters must be on official letterhead. No more than 5 letters will be reviewed.
*Please be certain to include your e-mail address on your application and/or curriculum vitae.
Applications should be mailed to:
Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship Coordinator
Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
660 S. Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8233
Saint Louis, MO 63110
Applications are accepted for the upcoming specialty match until December 15th. Applications and accompanying material received after this date will not be accepted.
Interviews are conducted in March. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted well in advance.
Foreign Medical Graduates
- Must be eligible to work within the United States and enter the United States on a clinical visa other than a J-1 or other “training” visa. Entrance on an H-1 B visa is allowable.
- You must be able to obtain permanent medical licensure within the State of Missouri prior to the start date of your fellowship. Permanent Missouri licensure requirements are:
- Must be Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certified.
- Must have passed all three steps of United States Medical Licensing Exams (USMLE).
- Must have completed three years of U.S. training in the same specialty (Orthopaedic Surgery) in an accredited program.
For More Information
Please contact Emily Camden via e-mail at email@example.com with any further questions.
>> Application Form